Sunday, December 17, 2006

Old Indian Cave/Waterfalls at Gid










Don't let anybody EVER tell you that you won't encounter snakes in the woods in December in Izard County!

I heard the gist of a story about the people who operated the mill at Gid as I was watching at least four bald-eagles fighting in a pasture this weekend. The landowner stopped on the road and discussed both the eagles (which he and his family feed from the carcasses of fur-bearers they trap together) and some history of the area. I'm not the only one who loves this county and its geographical, biological, and historical delights.

When I get the whole story, I'll post it. It sounds like a great story about tragedy in a mid-winter storm.




Sorry about the quality. I MUST get better equipment!

4 comments:

In Russet Shadows said...

I dunno but those pics look pretty darn awesome to me, even if you're not using pro equipment. BTW, what do you use? I take pics now and again with my trust old Kodak DC-210.

Al-Ozarka said...

A humble Nikon 5600, RS. Thanks for stopping in!

It's good to be blessed with all this awesomeness around me!

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Unknown said...

How do you get to this cave?