Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Old Philadelphia Church & Cemetery

The Old Philadelphia Church was built in 1858 and is one of the oldest standing Churches in the state.

It is on the National Register of Historic Places.

Along with many pioneers of the county, Margaret Lafferty Creswell (7th entry on page), the daughter of John and Sarah Lafferty, lies buried here. Margaret's husband, James Lytle Creswell, and his family were among the family alliance that included the Laffertys and Trimbles.

The video at the bottom of the post was taken a few weeks ago by members of the newly formed Ozark Paranormal Society during it's very first outing...a preliminary investigation of reported paranormal occurrences at the Old Philadelphia site. The video clip features an unusual appearance at the end as something sweeps from left to right across the screen. You watch it and tell us what you think.















9 comments:

Jaerixon said...

you should read my blog

Unknown said...

lovely pictures guys!
hope you all are having a Happy Turkey Day & enjoying some days off!

Al-Ozarka said...

Thanks, Kim...and ditto on the days-off!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, looked like a tree to me, didn't see anything out of the ordinary unless there was no tree on the back corner of the building. Now there is one on youtube that looks like something in the window, and I've been up there just briefly and there is something odd about the right side of the building.

Al-Ozarka said...

You didn't look closely enough.

Anonymous said...

Honestly I've heard a lot about this place my boyfriend lives right down the road from it I've seen it myself and honestly I don't knowing if it's true

Diana “ MSDBC “ said...

personal i’m sensitive to spirits and I don’t
& I wouldn’t want to go anywhere near this place
I’ve been down Larkin Road probably twice
and I did not like it
just something about the road itself
is not good
so i don’t travel on it anymore

Marti Moser said...

If I'd have been there the something odd to the right would have been me making a new door. Like on the old cartoons. I don't care for haints

Marti Moser said...

What denomination was the church?