Saturday, July 19, 2008

Corinth Church and Cemetery (Huron)

To date, we've neglected the northern portion Of Izard County...mainly due to a lack of knowledge about it. This week, we visited the old Corinth Church near the old community of Huron just south of the Fulton County line. It's a very old site and the cemetery hosts the graves of many early settlers...most notably, the Circuit Rider, George Washington Brinsfield.
As we get more tips (like the ones we got about the Trimble House and this site), we'll be sure to document our findings. It's really beautiful country!











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been along for the ride! Somehow I missed this church on my last visit to Fulton and Izard..What kind of church was this? So much to see - and so far from Florida! thanks for sharing! Vola

Al-Ozarka said...

It was a Methodist Church, Vola, from what I've been able to find on the web.

Spec said...

My Great-Grandparents are buried here. Such a beautiful place....near Wild Cherry.........I've heard all the stories...
Take me back in time........................

Anonymous said...

My name is Kelly Tjurner and have been to this church in the wild cherry area as a kid growing up in calico rock. I'm glad to see it kept up and taken notice to.